Today I decided to go through the model layer, implementing as many JUnit tests as I could, and completing all the actions I hadn't implemented yet. As I said before, I had just decided to stick to one-category-at-a-time scheme, having a hierarchical relationship between categories.
I thought it would be easy: change the Category entity, check the on delete and on update constraints in the database creation script, refactor and go on.I also had in mind some refactor in my JUnit tests: I have just two cases, one for each Facade, and several methods inside, for each of the actions in that facade. But as the application was getting larger and larger, I decided to have one JUnit case for each Facade Method, with several test methods for each of the possible scenarios I can think of.
deleted entity passed to persist and detached entity passed to persist. After some research in Google, I understood what could be causing the second error, so I solved it:
I was using an entity in a call to persist which had been "left" unchecked by the entity manager (detached is the word, but I didn't know it). I got the entity again by invoking find, and passed it fresh, and it worked out.
But the first problem was harder. Google didn't shed any light on me (apparently), as everything was about deleted entities which were still referenced by others related to them. I didn't have any entity left: this was happening in the tearDownAfterClass method, and I was removing the entities left after the test. And then I realized that most of the clean up was supposed to be done by cascading. So, maybe cascading tags were incorrect. I checked out my classes, and I changed some of them: putting the explicit ones instead of CascadeType.ALL. I still have to test some of the Update methods, but for today, it's fixed.